“Strengthening the fabric of our community by empowering people to help themselves and each other.”
The Family Services Center is a collaboration among government and non-profit agencies working together to provide an integrated client service delivery system. Agencies at the center offer health and human services to Charlotte County individuals and families. The following agencies are located at the center now:
- Boys & Girls Club of Charlotte County, Inc. - After school and summer program that provides positive youth development programs and services including education, character development, arts and recreation. Contact: 941.743.1507
- Charlotte Behavioral Health Care - Offering mental health and substance abuse counseling for youth and families. Contact 941.639.8300.
- Charlotte County Human Services, - Intake and Neighborhood Services offer information and referral; financial assistance; homeless prevention, housing stability and self-sufficiency case management
- Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, - Community Policing Division; Neighborhood Watch
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Provides services to individuals who cope with hearing or speech loss by offering information, referral, educational seminars, interpreter services and advocacy. Contact: 941.743.1508
- Department of Health Charlotte County - WIC program aims to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care. Health promotion and education programming.
- Drug Free Charlotte County - Provides education to youth on life skills, substance use issues and building healthy coping skills as well as parenting skills and other programs to help build strong, healthy families. Contact: 941.777.3945
- Jewish Family and Children's Service - Empowering individuals to self-sufficiency and stability, providing comprehensive care to community members in need.
- Lutheran Services of Florida - Individual and family counseling
- United Way - VITA tax assistance; financial assistance administration; non-profit supports
- Valerie’s House - Peer grief support groups, grief counseling, mentoring program, and school grief support groups for youth and families. Contact: 239-841-0382 email@example.com
Coming soon (2024), additional partners will integrate when the phase II facility is complete. They are:
- Area Agency on Aging - Services to older adults including wellness programs and aging grants administration.
- Healthy Start - Providing early intervention services.
- Charlotte County Human Services - Aging and Adult and Veterans Services offer elder/disabled/veteran service navigation
- Gulf Coast Partnership - Continuum of Care; grants administration for homeless and homeless prevention services
Family Services Center
21500 Gibralter Drive
Port Charlotte, FL 33952