Electric Notice: Due to limited funding, the following will receive prioritization for services under the LIHEAP program: Households that contain at least one member 60 years old or older; Households that contain at least one disabled member; or Households that contain at least one minor child. At this time we can only assist with past due bills along with a documented financial crisis. If your utilities are disconnected, you have a final/urgent notice, or have received an eviction or foreclosure notice, contact 941.833.6500 ext. 5 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fastrack Program (En Espanol)
Your household may qualify for help paying rent, mortgage, or utilities. Our Fastrack program allows you to fill out ONE application for multiple funding sources and grants that may help with bills and get things back on track.
- Each grant/funding source has its own eligibility requirements–if you don’t qualify for one program, you may qualify for others.
- Services are most often determined by household income, but other factors are considered.
- Most programs require participants to be at or below a specific level of household income according to these Income Guidelines and provide certain documentation.
- Some programs require participation in short-, medium-, or long-term case management to qualify.
- Funding availability may vary.
Step 1: Gather your documents
Before you start the online application, gather and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Proof of Charlotte County Address (driver license, state ID, lease, vehicle registration, voter registration card)
- Valid Picture ID (not expired) of all household members 18 or older
- Birth Certificates of all children in the household 17 or younger
- Social Security Cards of all household members or Proof of citizenship (applicant must be U.S. citizen or legal alien)
- Proof of income received within the last 30 days for all household members (Paystubs, Social Security Benefit Letter, Pension, Child Support, TANF, Unemployment)
- Current food stamp benefit letter (if applicable)
- Most recent utility bill
- If asking for rent or mortgage, there must be a documented crisis, (eviction/foreclosure notice, loss of employment, unexpected expense, etc.); applicants must provide a valid lease and W-9 or current mortgage statement
NOTICE: Applications MUST include all required documents.
Documents should be uploaded with your application or emailed to IntakeServices@CharlotteCountyFL.gov within 10 calendar days of the application date. Applications without documents will be denied.
Include the head of household's last name in the subject line. Please do not submit multiple applications. You may submit questions to the email address provided.
Step 2: Complete the Fastrack application online (En Espanol)
If you have an eviction notice, or if your water or electric has been turned off, submit your application and then email IntakeServices@CharlotteCountyFL.gov and let them know that you have submitted a Fastrack application and that you have an urgent need for assistance.
Set ample time aside--completing your Fastrack application online may take up to 30 minutes. Be patient. If you run into any problems while completing the application or are unable to complete a Fastrack application online, call 941.833.6500 ext. 5 for assistance Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Step 3: Be patient and wait to be contacted
Once your Fastrack application is completed someone from the Human Services team will review your application and reach out to you by phone or email to complete the application and screening process. It’s important that your contact information is correct on the application.
- Household Member Income Declaration
- Statement of Child Support
- Household Management
- Utility Permission
- W-9 for Landlord
No money, cash, or checks will be requested or accepted from applicants or clients for services of any kind. If an employee asks for money, report this to the agency Executive Director or Department Head.